Breaking Through the Darkness
Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the 66 book canon of Scripture known as the Bible (the Old Testament Genesis to Malachi and the New Testament Matthew to Revelation) is the God-breathed, inspired and infallible word of God and the final authority on all Christian doctrine and practice. And that these Scriptures should be interpreted literally unless it is absolutely clear symbolic language is being used in a passage.
2. We believe the God of the Bible (the God of creation known as Elohim, YHWH, Yah, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) is the ONLY true and supreme God. I believe that God is One God Who has three distinct parts revealed as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ/Yeshua is the fullness of the Godhead bodily, God Almighty, the Creator in the flesh. (Colossians 2:9, Isaiah 9:6, John 1)
4. We believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, healed the sick, cast out demons, raised the dead, and chose 12 apostles. We believe He died on the cross as a blood sacrifice for the sins of all mankind, went down into the paradise under the earth, rose bodily from the dead on the third day after His death on the cross, showed Himself alive for 40 days, then ascended back to heaven, and will come again in like manner at the end of the age to set up a literal 1,000 year reign on the earth.
5. We believe that forgiveness of sins, salvation, regeneration, and being born again comes ONLY through faith in the atoning death and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and that faith is evidenced by confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and repentance of sin. We do NOT believe in once saved, always saved no matter how you live.
6. We believe that the Bible clearly teaches a final judgment and that those who do not believe in Jesus Christ and the wicked, (i.e. those who habitually practice the sins unto death listed in the New Testament books such as Romans 1, Galatians 5, Ephesians 5, I Corinthians 5-6, Revelation 21:6-8 or who take the mark of the Beast) will spend eternity separated from God in the lake of fire from which the smoke of their torment will rise day and night forever (Revelation 13, 14, 20).
7. We believe that the righteous dead in Jesus Christ will be bodily resurrected and translated into the third heaven along with the true disciples of Jesus Christ still living at the second coming of Jesus. Those righteous saints (dead or alive at the second coming of Jesus Christ of Nazareth) will receive new immortal bodies and return with Jesus at the battle of Armageddon to take back the earth from the Antichrist and his Luciferian world government. We believe it is clearly taught by Jesus and the Apostles that this event (some call it the rapture) occurs at the END of the great tribulation, NOT before. The correct terminology for the "rapture" is the "first resurrection" (see Revelation 20 and John 5). We do NOT believe the Bible teaches multiple resurrections/harvests of the Church. The Bride is seen at the Marriage Supper AFTER Mystery Babylon is judged at the seventh vial of God's wrath. We believe the "pre-tribulation rapture" doctrine is error, however, we do not believe this is a salvation issue.
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit of God dwells in each true, born-again, follower of Jesus Christ and that God can work any of His supernatural gifts through those who are filled with His Holy Spirit. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as a second in-filling available to all believers. However, we do not believe this is required for fellowship or salvation. We DO NOT accept the Gnostic heresy that the Holy Spirit is feminine or called Sophia. Nor do we accept the teaching that the Holy Spirit is merely the "breath of God."
9. We believe in a literal Devil known as that Old Serpent, Satan, Lucifer, the Prince of this world, the god of this world, the Deceiver, the Tempter, the Father of lies, the Murderer, the Thief, the Prince of the Power of the Air and that both fallen angels and demon spirits are real and active in our world. We also believe in God’s angels as revealed in the Scriptures (separate entities that are different in nature from human beings).
10. We believe in Biblical creation as stated in the Bible. We do not believe that Biblical, enclosed cosmology (aka - flat earth) is a requirement for fellowship or salvation.